About Mahjoob Zweiri
Dr. Mahjoob Zweiri is an Associate Professor in Contemporary History and Politics of the Middle East and the Head of Humanities Department at Qatar University. He was a senior researcher in Middle East politics and Iran in the Center for Strategic Studies at University of jordan. He was a Fellow of the School of Government and International Affairs, Durham University, in the United Kingdom. Dr. Zweiri served as a Teaching Fellow in Middle East Politics at the Institute for Middle Eastern & Islamic Studies and as the director of the Centre for Iranian Studies, Durham University. since 2006 he worked as an Assistant Professor in Middle East Politics and Iran, at the Center for Strategic Studies, University of Jordan, where he is also serves as the head of the Iranian Studies Unit. Dr. Zweiri also directs the internship program for the CSS.
Dr. Zweiri began his higher education at the University of Jordan where he earned a B.A. in History in 1992. He went on to finish an M.A. in History from the same university in 1995. In 2002, Dr. Zweiri finished his doctorate in Modern History from the University of Tehran, Iran.
In addition to Arabic, Dr. Zweiri has fluency in Farsi and English.
• Associate Editor, Journal of Asian Politics and Policies, Center for Asian Politics and Policy (CAPP), Washington, USA.
• Member of the Advisory Board, Sheba Center for Strategic Studies, Sana’a, Yemen.
• Member of the International Advisory Board, the Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS), Athens, Greece.
• Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Gulf Studies, Gulf Research Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Geopolitics of the Middle East, Institute for Globe Studies, Rome, Italy.